July 30, 2007

The Power to Dream with Faith

Like many people, I am finding myself at a point in life where
I just don't have the same willpower I once did. I tell myself
to do things like eat healthier or get more exercise, but I'm
just not motivated the way I used to be.
When giving up is not an option, but motivation isn't working,
where else can you turn? Consider faith. Getting in touch with
what you believe or hold to be true is one of the most powerful
forces in the universe.
Many of us have deep faith but have forgotten how to tap into
it personally. I have been doing a great deal of exploration on
this and have found that I often have to remember to believe,
to literally and consciously choose to believe and then act on
what I believe to prove that I actually do.

I recently attended a convention that I have gone to for many
years and I caught myself having negative thoughts and beliefs.
I believed that everyone had already hired me and therefore
there were no more opportunities there for me.
Those negative beliefs quickly took me into feelings of despair
as I began to shrink and withdraw. As I disappeared into my fear
and doubt, soon no one was talking to me.
Then I realized, I was creating my reality. Based on what I
wanted, I asked myself what I could believe. I could believe
there were countless opportunities there for me, not just for
business, but also that for making new friends and having fun.
I chose to believe this was the perfect place for me to be.
Then I set an intention to easily meet great people. Suddenly,
it was like I entered a different reality. Within minutes I
shifted who I was and my world transformed with me. Within an
hour, two people I had never met before hired me! And that
evening I had a real blast, including dancing.
Here's a personal example of how I used this with my family.
I was long overdue in seeing a close relative. In my memory,
this person was difficult to be with, so I assumed it was going
to be an unpleasant visit. Again, I caught myself in the act
and chose to believe that we loved each other. Sure enough,
our time together was beautiful and when it was time to leave,
I actually wanted to stay longer.
In both examples, it wasn't my will that caused the change. It
was my belief, my deep faith in miracles and my knowledge that
miracles can occur anytime and anyplace if we can just get
willing. And that's when I realized this is the ideal use of
will.
We can use our will to make choices, to choose to believe and
to change our mindset. There is nothing as powerful as our
faith and through our personal beliefs we have the ability to
deepen our faith and trust. (Written by
Marcia Wieder)

No comments: